Board Director / Chief Operations Officer
Shan has been working with Leith Planning Ltd since 2004 and has helped develop the company from a single planning consultancy into a collection of specialist development and management services, now known as The Leith Group. Shan has overseen the Groups growth strategy beyond the UK market, to include overseas investors and clients in Europe, India, Sri Lanka, China and North America. Successes Include being appointed by the Department of International Trade as Export Champion for the Northern Powerhouse. As the Chief Operations Officer, he has developed the necessary corporate strategies to ensure that the Leith Planning Group has continued to grow and evolve. Shan also manages our land and property Investment arm which includes a growing portfolio of sites across the UK for both UK and overseas investors.
Shan is also the Chief Global Operations Officer for The Leith Group’s strategic partner, CREA IDEA LAB Ltd, a global Think Tank and specialist consultancy based in Barcelona, that advises governments, cities and regions on SMART Technology solutions, that can digitalise communities using cutting edge but cost effective technology. www.creaidealab.com
Shan has been heavily involved in developing The Leith Group’s boutique brand and is proud of its reputation for protecting their client’s interests. This reputation, which was developed when the company was launched in 1992 by Chris Plenderleith, is held at the heart of the company. Shan leads the Commercial Operations Teams and is responsible for ensuring that our clients receive an industry leading service.
Shan has the following accreditations:
- Member of The Leaders Council of Great Britain & Northern Ireland
- Fellow of the Institute of Sales Management
- Fellow of the Association of Professional Sales
- Member and Speaker for Founder 4 Schools
- Operational Strategy, Sales Strategy and Risk Analysis
- Client Management and dispute resolution
- Expanding new services, securing the right board expertise, strategic partnerships and wider teams
- Advising overseas investors on the acquisition of UK based businesses across a range of sectors, including advising on the ongoing management of the business beyond completion of the purchase